Wednesday, July 4, 2007

You Fit and Healthy - The No Crunches Ab Workout

Six pack Abs, slim and toned midsection we all want it but most of us stuggle to get it. The truth of the matter is to get a slim trim aesthetic midsection crunches and many other ab exercises wont get it done.

The basics behind getting a slim waistline starts with your nutrition. To get that waistline you need to cut down your bodyfat levels and go to a Total Body Training program. That's not to say that crunches and the others aren't somewhat beneficial.

My feeling is that when you are eating and working out properly isolation exercises like crunches really aren't that necessary. I will be honest with you I like to workout. Except for doing ab work. I always hated crunches, sit ups etc.

I believe in a solid weight training and interval training for losing fat, gaining muscle and strength and overall health and fitness. My workouts consist mostly of compound exercises hitting the big muscle groups.

The more I began studying weight training and all forms of exercise I learned the thinking behind doing these exercises was in my view pointless.I thank Mike Geary the author of The Truth About Abs for this. Mike teaches Total Body Training by training the whole body your burning more fat and building a more fit and healthy body.

Well I promised you and Ab workout so lets get to it!

1) Knee Tucks done with your feet on an exercise ball is a very effective exercise.

2) Wood Chops done with a dumbell or a medicine ball

3) Mountain Climbers another great move to get your whole body going.

I aim for a rep range of 8-15 for each exercise. I do them in giant set fashion each exercise done one right after the other. I usually will do 3-5 sets. Now I know your probably thinking this doesn't look like an Ab workout and your right.

In the traditional sense of bodybuilding it is not a conventional Ab workout. You will stimulate your ab muscles as well as having a more total training workout. I do this workout with total concentration on my Abs that's the area I'm looking to work on.

As I said earlier I hate doing crunches and most Ab isolation moves so for me this works my Abs as well as raising my metabolism to burn that fat off. Remember there is no such thing as spot reduction. Your Abs are there you need to burn off that fat layer hiding them.

If I were aiming to be a pro bodybuilder then crunches and other ab moves warrent more consideration. I am looking more for the slim trim look.

So give this workout a try see what you think use it once or twice a week to give your Abs some direct work. Don't forget that nutrition!

Jag252 You Fit And Healthy

No comments: